Friday, June 24, 2011

Recipe #4: RADICAL CHANGES to (ick!) Spam cordon bleu

Made some major changes to this recipe.  It CALLED for giant hunks of Spam hollowed out and filled with canned chicken and shredded cheese.  Then I was to roll it in Pringles crumbs and grill.  Fat slabs of Spam is TOO much Spam, especially after 3 recipes featuring Spam as the central ingredient.  Actually I couldn't even THINK of eating that much Spam in one sitting.  Don't think I can stand to eat Spam ever again.  I wasn't that keen on it in the first place, to be honest.
___________          ___________          ___________         ___________          __________          ____
INSTEAD, I got four boneless chicken breasts and beat and rolled them flat.  I laid a thin slice of Spam and a piece of provolone cheese on each breast, then rolled them up and held them in place with toothpicks.  Dipped each in a mixture of egg white and evaporated milk, then rolled each in Pringles crumbs.


And here is ANOTHER change.  My sweet 8 year old great-niece, Samantha asked, "Why don't you use different flavors of Pringles?"  Good Idea.  I mixed the crumbs of (1) Sour Cream and Onion, (2) Bar-b-que and (3) Vinegar and Sea Salt Pringles.  I followed the recipe from hereon :  "Put the chips in a ziplock bag and beat the hell out of it." Nothing like MAN talk in cookbook, huh?  Grilled to a golden brown, a drizzle of chicken gravy and served with Potatoes au Gratin and a cucumber and tomato salad.  My Sweet wife declared, "It was a good entree to build the rest of the meal around.  I would have it again, but I wonder if I'd like it with a red sauce?"

No comments:

Post a Comment