Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Recipe #43: Pizza Vegetariana

As usual --  Pillsbury pizza dough, rolled out into eight inch circles.  Spray PAM on a piece of tinfoil and place the pizza dough circle on it.  Spray the top with PAM.  Put it face down on the grill and peel the tinfoil off.  Grill one minute then take it off, turn it over and put toppings on the grilled side:
1) Spread pesto on the crust.
2) Spread diced tomatoes on the crust
3) Spread artichokes  and diced green peppers
4) Spread mozzarella
5)  We ALSO added mushrooms and diced onions just cuz we like them.
I have to say though, I don't much care for the panic associated with dressing a pizza crust outside beside the grill.  Like I said before I'm not afraid to alter the recipe if I think it needs it.  I've made several pizzas his way and they look like autopsies.  So this time I just made ONE pizza with Boboli bread.  I did the rest according to the recipe though.  Not bad.  My wife loved it.  I kept wondering, "Where's the meat!??!?!?!"

Next Time:  Drunken Pig!

No comments:

Post a Comment