Friday, October 28, 2011

Recipe #44: Drunken Pig

Big surprise:  BEER Marinade.  It's a pork roast, marinaded in beer, hence the name:  Drunken Pig.  Actually it isn't bad.  You mix beer, garlic, chopped onion, chopped green bell pepper and several seasonings.  Marinade then baste with the marinade while grilling (1 1/2 hours indirect).  The bad part was that you add a can of sliced new potatoes to the beer/onion/pepper and cook it all together as a side dish.  The pork roast was GREAT but warm flat beer doesn't do a lot for potatoes.  My bride agrees.
_______
We are down to SIX recipes from the original 50.  When  we are finished, ending with "RECIPE 50: THANKSGIVING SANDWICH" the day after Turkey Day 2011, I am writing a review of this book on Amazon.com.  It's not a new book and I might be late to the party, but I am sure I am the only reviewer who made all 50 recipes, so no one has a better claim to review the book than I do!  I will post that review here as well.

Next Time:  Tuna Steaks Italiano

No comments:

Post a Comment