Sunday, October 30, 2011

Recipe 45: Tuna Italiana

I learned a lot with this one.  I learned I don't like tuna steak!
At least there was no beer in this marinade!  Dijon mustard, olive oil, red pepper flakes and garlic.  You grill the tuna steaks on a hot grill for 4-5 minutes per side, just so it is beige on the outside and still red on the inside.  You also mix a can of diced tomatoes with a can of white beans (drained and rinsed).  We heated that and served it over pasta with pesto.  I found it all pretty dull, even with the red pepper on the tuna steaks.  Another book I have suggests slicing the tuna steaks sideways so they are 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.  I suggest that. These were about 1 1/2 inch thick and that made them hard to grill.  I might try them again, sliced thinner and marinaded with something else.

Next time:  Fish again!  Grilled with tomato and pineapple salsa! FIVE MORE RECIPES TO GO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment